Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Picnics, Swings and a Super Lunch



Today, Clair took Gemma, Beth and me to the park. We brought some lunch with us. The boys didn't want to come, they were going out with Mum.

"Who wants to go on the swings?" asked Clair.

"Me!!!" I cried and jumped up. Beth got on the other swing.

Clair pushed me while Gemma pushed Beth. We cried in delight.

"My turn," Clair said sitting down on the swing. I gave her a huge push. She shrieked. "I haven't been on one of these in ages."

Gemma giggled from the other swing where Beth was pushing her.

"I'm hungry," Beth said at last. They were the magic words. The swings forgotten we rushed to the picnic table and started unpacking our food.

"Ham, cheese, rolls, chocolate, yogurts," Clair said as she unpacked.

"Yum!" I drooled. "This looks brilliant."

"I know," Gemma agreed, hungrily tucking in.

After lunch we played around on the play equipment. We took it in turns at pushing each other down the slippery slide.

Then we had to go home. We jumped in Clair's car and she drove off.

We had a great time! I hope Clair will take us to the park again soon!

Image: picnic basket by uberculture  (CC BY 2.0)

2 comments:

  1. Annie,

    Our park is just down the road. I love going there.

    It sounds like you had a great time!

    Gemma-Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gemma-Rose,
      Wow! I wish our park was that close.
      We did.
      Annie

      Delete